Born Asunder Born Asunder

Really cool track. The lyrics are great and fit so well within the song without overshadowing the actual production, which I feel happens a lot when lyrics are added to EDM. Plus you've got a fantastic voice so that helps.

The drop got a tad repetitive the third time around, but there was enough variation in general to keep me interested. Overall this was just a really well done glitch-hop track, nice job man.

Imaginary Sister Imaginary Sister

Dude man bro, this is great! The progression and just overall feel of the track was really well done. Loved the little vocal chops.

Kabalist responds:

Thank you so much! I'm pleased with how simple the track became, and I'm glad to hear other people enjoy it too. The vocals are cut from a Swedish fairytale called "Ronja Rövardotter".

Take care!

//Kabalist.

~SW and CS~ Cranial ~SW and CS~ Cranial

Fuck man, I really liked this. Had a nice style, the glitching was pretty interesting though to be honest I'm going to have to agree with the guy below me in that there could have been a bit more variation in the bass at those parts epescially other than that one wobble. I really liked the build up though, and the effect on the snare when it first comes in is so cool sounding. I feel like it ends a bit too abruptly, but that's just me. Otherwise this is a pretty awesome track overall.

SkyeWint responds:

Yeah, could have been more variation. It's harder to make wobbles than you'd think! I also did want it to have some consistency, so there would be one sound that was recognizable.

The snare is two samples layered together (four samples total, since there are two different snares. One has a slightly different tone), one triggered right before the other to give it a bit of a lead-in.

Ending being abrupt is unsurprising. Got through the dubstep part, thought that the contest deadline was 24 hours before what it actually was, made this ending, then learned it was 24 hours later and couldn't think up a better one in time. So... poop.

Despite the flaws, though, I feel satisfied with this. I'm glad you like it, too. ^_^ Several ideas for the next rounds too, assuming we get in. Here's hoping!

Kabalist - Entrapment Kabalist - Entrapment

This is really great man, I love the way it progresses, it's not just a formulaic electronic song. My only suggestion would be to change it up in the first dubsteppy section of the song, like for example making the first note be played by a different patch than the rest, just for some variety in the bass because as much as I liked that part, it got kind of old pretty fast. It could stand to be messed with a little, but all in all I really liked this track. Awesome job.

Dinosaur Dinosaur

This is amazing. I love the feel of it and those little pop percussions are awesome. I usually don't really like house that much but this was great, had a real natural feeling progression and it didn't feel as repetitive as most prog house tends to.

RobOmb responds:

Thank you!

Succibi Succibi

Holy fuck this is amazing. Really interesting style and I think the weird structure definitely lent itself towards the weirdness of the entire song, but it still worked awesomely, y'know? Kind of reminded me of Mr. Bill. It was a fresh, interesting, catchy track with some progression and real variation, and these are qualities we need to see more in EDM nowadays. Thank you.

garlagan responds:

thank you Jurgen!

XS - Transformation XS - Transformation

I think it's pretty well done. The piano is excellent, and your drums and bass is all great, but personally I didn't like the patches/wobbles you chose. Maybe it's just me, but they just sounded a little weird, maybe if they were down an octave, or maybe if they were filtered to sound less...I don't know how to describe it...analog?

Either way though, killer tune.

SWeissen P - Reach Up SWeissen P - Reach Up

I honestly wasn't expected to be blown away by this. It was really nice, you had great..I don't know what you'd call it...direction? It just flowed really well throughout all of the melodies and whatnot. Not to mention your wobbles were sublime.

Downloaded this. You should look into getting onto a label or something. Maybe UKF? MADubstep? Monstercat?

I believe in you!

SWeissenP responds:

Thank you mate! I have always tried to get songs up to the bigger channels, but it is almost impossible to get their attention. ;) Thank you anyway for an awesome comment!

Stratosphere VIP Remix Stratosphere VIP Remix

This is pretty great. The lead melody is catchy and the drums are done really well.

Have you considered getting signed by Monstercat Media?

Symmetrik responds:

Yeah, I've submitted this to them. I'm now waiting for a response :)

Modigs - Strike Back Modigs - Strike Back

This is really good! Amazing production quality, as well as a catchy melody. Nice job, man.